Pai products are certified organic by the UK Soil Association.
If you have sensitive or reactive skin it is important to know exactly what is in a product, and that those ingredients are safe to use, uncontaminated by pesticides or solvents.
The only way to be certain that a product is made from safe and natural ingredients is if it has passed rigorous third party certification by an organisation such as the Soil Association or the USDA (USA).
Far too many brands make natural and organic claims for their products that do not stand up to scrutiny.
That is because there is no labelling regulation controlling the use of the words 'natural' and 'organic'. Companies can make these claims regardless of how few (if any) organic ingredients they use and how many chemicals they include in their formulations.
The Soil Association
The Soil Association is the trade organisation that regulates organic beauty accreditation in the UK.
Certification is still voluntary and for manufacturers that apply it can be a time-intensive and costly exercise.
The standard set by the Soil Association is that at least 70% of a beauty productís non-water ingredients must be organically grown and harvested.Additionally:
- All organic ingredients must be sustainably grown (without the use of pesticides) and harvested.
- All organic ingredients must be extracted without chemical solvents.
- All non-organic ingredients must pass strict toxicity and biodegradability criteria and carry a Non-GM certificate.
- Products cannot contain nano materials, parabens, petrochemicals, propylene glycol and other irritating and potentially toxic chemicals.
- Manufacturers have to pass annual inspections and keep detailed production records.